Tracy (Jookyeong) Lee
Tracy (Jookyeong) Lee is a PhD candidate at the CASS Food Research Centre investigating food fussiness and its associations with oral tactile acuity and acceptance of food textures in 5-12-year-old children.
Tracy had a master’s degree in food science and worked in a food company, Nestle.
Her PhD aims to explore how individual variations in oral tactile acuity are associated with food textures in order to discover how this association is ultimately linked to food rejection in children, which is a characteristic of food fussiness.
- Grating orientation task: A screening tool for determination of oral tactile acuity in children (2022) Jookyeong Lee, Catherine G. Russell, Mohammadreza Mohebbi, Russell Keast, Food Quality and Preference, Volume 95.
- Platycodon grandiflorum roots: A comprehensive study on odor/aroma and chemical properties during roasting (2020) Lee, J., Cho, J, Hong, S., Bu, C., Kim, D., & Shin. E. Journal of Food Biochemistry 44 (9), e13344.
- Thermal coursed effect of comprehensive changes in the flavor/taste of Cynanchi wilfordii (2019) Kim, D., Lee, J., Hong, S., Cho, J., & Shin. E. Journal of Food Science. 84(10), 2831-2839
- Nutritional components and oxidative stability of plant seed oils (2019) Lee, J., Hong, S., Park, J., Cho, J., Kim, D., Lee, K., Lee, O., & Shin. E. Emirates Journal of Food and Agriculture. 31(9), 666-673
- Perilla frutescens Britton: A comprehensive study on flavor/taste and chemical properties during roasting process (2019) Lee, J., Kim, D., Cho, J., Hong, S., Pan, J., Kim, J., & Shin, E. Molecules
- Comprehensive changes in volatile/nonvolatile compounds and flavor and physicochemical characteristics in Angelica gigas Nakai roots by thermal processing (2019) Kim, D., Kim, H., Lee, J., Hong, S., Cho, J., Cho, G., & Shin, E. Journal of Food Biochemistry
- Wasabia koreana Nakai: A preliminary study on nutrients and chemical compounds that may impact sensory properties (2018) Kim, D., Kim, H., Lee, J., Pan, J., Kim, Y., Kim, J., Woo, S., & Shin, E. Molecules, 23, 2512
- Effect of volatile organic chemicals in Chrysanthemum indicum Linne on blood pressure (2018) Kim, D., Goo, Y., Cho, J., Lee, J., …., & Shin, E. Molecules, 23, 2063
- Comparison of the retention rates of thiamin, riboflavin, and niacin between normal and high-oleic peanuts after roasting (2018) Kim, D., Kim, H., Hong, S., Cho, J., Lee, J., & Shin, E. Applied Biological Chemistry, 61(4), 449-458
Research areas and skills
Oral tactile sensitivity, food texture, food fussiness/rejection