Tanweer Gondal completed his master’s in food sciences and he was working as Lecturer in Pakistan. He is expert in food processing, food flavour, sensory sciences and food process applications. He started his PhD within CASS Food Research Centre, Deakin University, Australia. His research focuses on consumer acceptance of Australian brown and white rice. The aim of this project is to identify key aroma (odour active) compounds in Australian rice varieties (brown and white) and their association to consumer acceptance.
Research interests and skills
Food processing, Food Sensory evaluations, Food flavours, Food chemistry, Food safety
- Arif, A. M., Javed, I., Ayaz, M., Abdullah, M., Imran, M., Rashid, A., Shahbaz, M., Gondal, T. A., Qaisarani, T. B., & Iqbal, Z. (2020). Chemical composition, adulteration, total microbial load, and heavy metal in raw milk samples collected from dairy farms and urban areas in Lahore District, Pakistan. Journal of Food Safety, 40(1), e12729.
- Arif, A. M., Javed, I., Ayaz, M., Abdullah, M., Imran, M., Shahbaz, M., Gondal, T. A., Ali, M., Iqbal, Z., & Iqbal, Z. (2020). Organochlorine pesticide residues in raw milk samples collected from dairy farms and urban areas of Lahore district, Pakistan. JOURNAL OF FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY-MYSORE.
- Imran, M., Gondal, T. A., Atif, M., Shahbaz, M., Batool Qaisarani, T., Hanif Mughal, M., Salehi, B., Martorell, M., & Sharifi Rad, J. (2020). Apigenin as an anticancer agent. Phytotherapy Research.
- Rehman, H., Nasir, M., Jabbar, A., Ayaz, M., Ali, M., Imran, M., Gondal, T. A., Tufail, T., Aslam, F., & Qaisrani, T. (2020). Bio-therapeutics effects of probiotic strain on the gastrointestinal health of severely acute malnourished children. Cellular and Molecular Biology (Noisy-le-Grand, France), 66(4), 65-72.
- Shariati, M. A., Nadeem, M., Tariq, M. N., Amjad, M., Sajjad, M., Akram, M., Imran, M., Gondal, T. A., Kenijz, N., & Kulikov, D. (2020). Salinity-Induced Changes in the Nutritional Quality of Bread Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) Genotypes. AGRIVITA, Journal of Agricultural Science, 42(1).
- Zeb, A., Ayesha, R., Gilani, S. A., Shahbaz, M., Imran, A., El-Ghorab, A., El-Massry, K. F., Suleman, R., Gondal, T. A., & Asif, M. (2020). Safety Assessment of Foods at Capital Hospital of Pakistan through the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point System. Journal of Food Protection, 83(8), 1387-1395.
- Rashid, A., Javed, I., Rasco, B., Sablani, S., Ayaz, M., Ali, M. A., Abdullah, M., Imran, M., Gondal, T. A., & Afzal, M. I. (2019). Measurement of off-flavoring volatile compounds and microbial load as a probable marker for keeping quality of pasteurized milk. Applied Sciences, 9(5), 959.
- Akbar, N., Nasir, M., Naeem, N., Ahmad, M.-u.-D., Iqbal, S., Rashid, A., Imran, M., Gondal, T. A., Atif, M., & Salehi, B. (2019). Occurrence and seasonal variations of aflatoxin M1 in milk from Punjab, Pakistan. Toxins, 11(10), 574.
- Ahsan, F., Sharif, M. K., Butt, M. S., Rauf, A., Shariati, M. A., Imran, M., Gondal, T. A., Khan, A., Atif, M., & Mabkhot, Y. N. (2019). Legumes and leafy vegetables based multi-mix pakoras to alleviate iron and protein deficiency among school aged children. BioCell, 43(1).
- Imran, M., Rauf, A., Abu-Izneid, T., Nadeem, M., Shariati, M. A., Khan, I. A., Imran, A., Orhan, I. E., Rizwan, M., Atif, M., Gondal, T. A., & Mubarak, M. S. (2019). Luteolin, a flavonoid, as an anticancer agent: A review. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, 112, 108612